Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bathing Suits??? Already???

I was casually strolling into Target the other day, ready to spend an exorbitant amount of money, when I stopped happened to glance towards the Juniors clothing section. I stopped short. My jaw dropped. I did a mental calculation of the date. It was January 10. The thermostat in my car had read a crisp 55 degrees. And yet...

Bathing suits.

Rows and rows of strings and tiny triangles and polka-dots and stripes and leopard print.

Oh help me.

Suddenly the summer months didn't see so far away.

***

Number 3 on the list. Wear a bikini on the beach. Now is the time to make that happen.

How?

Exercising, eating right, blah-de-blah. Same old, same old.

I'm convinced that half the time these kinds of resolutions fail because we just get bored.

I will run eighteen miles every single day and live off oatmeal and celery sticks!

Boring.

So, variety will be the keyword to my plan. I'll workout (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred kicks my ass!) and run on the beach and hike the trails near my house and jump rope and maybe take a yoga class. I'll have fun with it.

As for food - I'm on the search for fun and healthy recipes. One of my favorite resources is Hungry-Girl.com a website that gives fun tips for dieting and healthy alternatives to some of our favorite foods. These are two of my favorites:

Chicken Cordon Bleu














Exploding Chicken Taquitos












Seriously, try these. They are so good.

So, anyone have any other recipes to share???

--Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment